Our Church

Architecturally, St. Raphael’s Episcopal Church is a modern mission style building in the shape of a cross. Officially designated as a historic building in 1953, it was created solely by the devotion of islanders using local materials - sand, coquina, and limestone. 


In early 2017, the carpet was removed and the concrete floors, originally laid in five different pours and featuring coquina, was acid washed in bronze.